[Regole]=Inglese: Tempi verbali, idioms, modal verbs, rules...

By Cicko

« Older   Newer »

1. Cicko
        +1   -1

User deleted

Tempi Verbali:

Present
    WHY? We use the present tense to express a habit or a permanent situation, for example something you do habitually.
    How to form it: you add an "s" when you use the third person singular. For the rest, the verb stays the same unless it's irregular. In that case, you must know all the persons.
    Words we can use: Once, Once a week/year, Twice...
    Ex. I play tennis once a week.

Present Continuous
    WHY? We use the present continuous to express a current situation or an action that is in process in the moment you're speaking.
    How to form it: there are two verbs: to be (in one of the persons: am, are...) + the verb with "ing" ending.
    Words we can use: Now, At the moment, Today...
    Ex. I'm playing tennis at the moment.

Present Perfect
    WHY? To express an action that has relevance to the present.
    -->An action that occured in the past and is relevant in the present
    -->Events that have recently occured
    How to form it: has/have + Past Participle (PP) <---- farò una scansione per i verbi irregolari.
    Certain words we use: For= length of time
    Since=precise point in time
    just, yet, already, recently, so far...
    Ex. I haven't been here since last year!

Future
    WHY? We use the future to express actions that will happen, or that haven't happened yet.
    How to form it:
    Will/won't + main verb
    Present continuous= auxiliary + main verb (in "ing" form") (like in the present ^^)
    Be going to <-- you form it like this!
    Ex. I will play tennis tomorrow.
    I'm going to play tennis tomorrow.

Present Perfect Continuous
    WHY? We use the present perfect continuous to emphasize an action that started in the past and continues in the present.
    How to form it: has/have + been + verb (in "ing" form)
    Ex. We've been reading "Animal Farm" for a long time.
    The difference between Present Perfect (simple) and Present Perfect Continuous: in the continuous form we are more intended in the action itself wereas, with the simple form we are intended to the result of an action.

The conditional Tenses

1st conditional
    WHY? We use the first conditional to express a future result based on a present condition.
    How to form it: If/Unless + Present Simple + Future tense
    Words we can use INSTEAD OF IF OR UNLESS: when, as soon as, while, before...
    Ex. (-->Condition)If i do all my homework, i'll constantly perfect my skills in English. (<--Result)

2nd conditional
    WHY 1? To express an unlikely/imaginary situation in present or future.
    How to form it: If/Unless/... + Past Simple + Would + Main verb
    Ex. (-->Condition with hypothetical adjective)If i won the lottery, i would donate money to Africa relief. (<--Imaginary result)
    WHY 2? To express a piece of advice
    Would= might/could
    Ex. If i WERE you, i'd go directly to Dubai.

3rdconditional
    WHY? We use the third conditional to talk about unreal situations in the past or to express a regret about past situations
    How to fomr it: IF+PAST PERFECT+ WOULD\MIGHT\COULD+ HAVE+ PAST PARTICIPLE
    Ex. If my class had worked well this year, we would have been more prepared for the exam!

The verb Rules Are ended!

Idioms
    An idiom is an expression that has a different meaning from the usual meaning of the individual words that make it.
    Ex. "To lend a Hand" means to give help, not to "loan someone a hand."
    Idiom list:
    SPOILER (click to view)
    catch a cold= get sick
    see eye to eye= have equal ideas
    under the weather= in trouble
    stuffed to the gills= too much to eat
    out of the frying pan and into the fire= the situation gets worse
    slow boat to China= you're never going to finish it
    nose to the grindstone= work hard
    on pins and needles= you're in a riscky situation
    fly off the handle= get angry
    toot your own horn= mind your business
    pie in the sky= confused
    head in the sand= don't face reality
    lay down the law= establish rules
    born yesterday= to be stupid
    fell like a million= feel happy
    just what the doctor ordered= you've given me something i need
    hold your horses= hold on
    cat has your tung= you can't speak
    going bananas/going nuts= going crazy
    bury the hatchet= to hide a secret

this is a detailed list of idioms. even though they might seem completely without sense, English people use these in their everyday language!

Modal verbs
    WHAT ARE THEY? Modal verbs are helping verbs that come before the main verb. Modal verbs have their own meaning.
    Here's a list of modal verbs:
    SPOILER (click to view)
    need (to), must, could, would (like), can, want, make, let, should, have to, be able to, may, might, be allowed to, had better to, don't have to, must be, can't be, seem, look, sound

Used to & Be Used to
    Used to: WHAT IS IT? expresses an habitual activity done in the post but no longer practised in the present.
    How to form it: used to + infinitive
    negative: didn't use to + infinitive
    Ex. I used to play guitar, but now i don't.

Be Used to: WHAT iS IT? a present habit, something you do usually. Maybe before you weren't, now you are.
    How to form it: to be (in it's persons) used to + infinitive
    Ex. I'm used to live in a small house, like yours.

Adjectives
    Do you know? English people have many differences in their language from italian. an example are adjectives: they have their order. there are different types of adjectives, and each one must be put in their precise point of the sentence. Here's the list of the order of the adjectives:
    Opinion-->Size-->Age-->Style-->Color-->Origin-->Material-->Purpose.
    Ex. That cat is Beautiful, Fat, Young, Red, Siamese.
    Ex. She has a beautiful, big, blue pair of shoes.

Traduzione:
    SPOILER (click to view)
    Presente
    PERCHè? Si usa il presente per esprimere un'azione che si fa abitualmente o una situazione permanente.
    Come si forma: si aggiunge una "s" alla fine del verbo quando si usa la terza persona singolare. Per le altre persone, il verbo resta uguale ammeno che non è irregolare.

Presente Continuo
    PERCHè? Per esprimere un'azione che si sta facendo in quel momento.
    Come si forma: ci sono due verbi: essere (nelle sue persone) + il verbo col finale in "ing".

Present Perfect
    PERCHé? Si usa per esprimere un'azione che è rilevante nel presente.
    -->Un'azione avvenuta nel passato che ha rilevanza nel presente.
    -->Un'azione avvenuta recentemente
    Come si forma: avere + PP (participio passato)

Futuro
    PERCHé? Esprime un'azione che deve ancora avvenire.
    Come si forma: will/won't + verbo principale
    Presente continuo (guardare su)
    farò: essere + andare (in "ing" form) + verbo principale

Present Perfect Continuous
    PERCHé? Usiamo questo tempo verbale per enfatizzare un'azione avvenuta nel passato e che continua nel presente.
    Come si forma: avere + been (Participio Passato del verbo essere) + verbo principale in "ing" form.

1 condizionale
    PERCHé? usiamo il primo condizionale per esprimere un risultato futuro da un'azione presente.
    Come si forma: IF/UNLESS + presente + futuro.

2 condizionale
    PERCHé? Si usa il secondo condizionale per esprimere situazione immaginaria che avverrà nel futuro, basata su una situazione presente.
    Come si forma: IF/UNLESS + Passato + WOUKD + verbo principale

if you have questions ask here!!

Guida fatta tutta da Cicko. Vietata la copia senza permesso (che vi darò facilmente!)

Edited by ~¢ïçkø§ - 11/6/2009, 10:31

2. Lucinda;
        +1   -1

User deleted

ben fatta pero ti direi di mettre la traduzione di tutto senno molti nn capiscono

3. BOH
        +1   -1

User deleted

perchè metti '=' dopo le parentesi quadre? non sarebbe meglio un ' - '

comunque va bene, grazie :)

4. Cicko
        +1   -1

User deleted

mi è venuto spontaneo!^^

5.     +1   -1

Tutto È Possibile. Impossibile Richiede Solo Più Tempo.

Group
    Capo Amministratore

Status
    SPOILER (click to view)
    Comunque anche a te: uno vuole imparare l'inglese... come fa a leggere il tuo topic? Devi scriverlo in italiano :P

6. Cicko
        +1   -1

User deleted

infatti se guardi nel sito web e cerchi, ti dice "Biennio superiori". comunque sto lavorando sulla traduzione. poi la posto.

7. dã®k gållårrow™~
        +1   -1

User deleted

Secondo me per uno che deve imparare l'inglese è meglio perchè traducendo impara.

8. Cicko
        +1   -1

User deleted

la traduzione infatti è pressapochista, ho solo tradotto perchè e come si forma, nient'altro ;). ma commentate o litigate su cosa IO devo scrivere o no?

9. Cicko
        +1   -1

User deleted

aggiunto third conditional

10.     +1   -1

Bronzo alla 3a Olimpiade Internazionale di Scienze della Terra, 2009; Argento alla 23a Olimpiade Internazionale di Biologia, 2012

Group
    Admin

Status
    Consigli:
    CITAZIONE
    Present
    WHY? We use the present tense to express a habit or a permanent situation, for example something you do habitually.
    How to form it: you add an "s" when you use the third person singular. For the rest, the verb stays the same unless if it's irregular. In that case, you must know all the persons.

Dovresti togliere l'"if" e ti è sfuggita la k
    CITAZIONE
    Future
    WHY? We use the future to express actions that will happen, or that hasn't happened yet.

Actions è plurale, quindi niente hasn't ma haven't
    CITAZIONE
    1st conditional
    WHY? We use the first conditional to express a future result based on a present condition.
    How to form it: If/Unless + Present Simple + Future tense
    Words we can use INSTEAD OF IF OR UNLESS: when, as soon as, while, before...
    Ex. (-->Condition)If i'll do all my homework, i'll constantly perfect my skills in English. (<--Result)

If clause del primo tipo, nella secondaria non va MAI il futuro

Comunque bello e completo, complimenti. ;)

Edited by arklumpus - 11/6/2009, 09:14

11. Cicko
        +1   -1

User deleted

l'unico consiglio che mi hai dato é stato il secondo perché, se non lo sai, ho copiato dal mio quaderno, e la mia insegnante é canadese, vissuta in canada per trent'anni, dalla nascita. Per il terzo, il futuro va nella SECONDA PARTE e il presente nella prima. Non so chi ti ha insegnato inglese ma vedi che io frequento una scuola inglese Click. L'if mi é sfuggito, adesso correggo quelle due. Il k di know é giusto perché know=sapere mentre now=ora, in questo momento.

12.     +1   -1

Bronzo alla 3a Olimpiade Internazionale di Scienze della Terra, 2009; Argento alla 23a Olimpiade Internazionale di Biologia, 2012

Group
    Admin

Status
    Mi sa che un po' non ci siamo capiti...
    Comunque per il futuro, secondaria è la frase subordinata, non quella che viene dopo (nel tuo caso sarebbe quindi "if i'll do all my homework"), e lì il futuro non ci va.
    Pari pari dalla pagina del libro:
    CITAZIONE
    Il futuro nelle frasi subordinate
    Nelle frasi subordinate ipotetiche introdotte da if, unless, provided, in case, on condition that e nelle temporali introdotte da when, as soon as, the next time, till/until, while, after, before

• il futuro semplice italiano viene reso con il simple present:

I'll stay here till he comes back
    Resterò qui finchè (non) tornerà.

Traffic pollution will get worse unless the council's policy changes.
    L'inquinamento da traffico peggiorerà a meno che la politica del comune non cambi.

• Il futuro anteriore italiano viene reso con il present perfect:

As soon as I have finished my homework I'll tidy up my room.
    Appena avrò finito i compiti pulirò la mia camera.

Fonte: Mauretta Bonomi - Giusy Presenti Barili - Colin Ian Furness
    Your New Grammar Matters
    Editrice Europass
    Pagina 210

Prima parte e seconda parte si usano solo per quelli che non hanno mai fatto analisi del periodo che, se la data di nascita è giusta, dovresti aver fatto anche tu. Non cambia niente invertendo le parti ma mantenendo i tempi giusti. In ogni caso hai messo da tutte e due le parti il futuro e questo è sbagliato sicuro. Poi, visto che frequenti una scuola inglese, dovresti renderti conto che "If i'll do all my homework, i'll constantly perfect my skills in English", come hai scritto, ha un suono orribile...
    Poi la cosa della k non ci siamo capiti, nel tuo messaggio la k non c'è, l'ho aggiunta io...

Comunque, il mio scopo non è litigare, solo avere un dialogo costruttivo per vedere di ottenere qualcosa sempre di migliore.

13. Cicko
        +1   -1

User deleted

allora c'è stato proprio un fraintendimento! avevo capito che m'avevi fatto gia le correzioni e quindi, ieri sera, essendo col cellulare e non col computer, non avevo voglia di star li a muovermi con lo schermo a vedere cos'era, quindi avevo capito che mi avevi messo tu gia il 'll e che io non l'avevo messo. allora in tal caso hai ragione tu, correggo subito! poi per la k hai scritto sfuggita, in quel senso avevo capito che l'avevo premuta per sbaglio

excuse me ;)

comunque di litigi io di voglia ne ho 0!

14.     +1   -1

Group
    Admin

Status
    Perfetto, l'importante è che abbiamo chiarito tutto! :D

15. pkmnclaus
        +1   -1

User deleted

Grazie mielle tutto questo è molto interessante! Ti ringrazio ancora! Secondo me come diceva ryko è meglio in inglese perchè traducendo si impara, cmq ti ringrazio grazie a te ieri ho preso un magnifico 7.5!

14 replies since 18/5/2009, 01:00   2189 views